An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

withdrawals

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by tasha15, May 15, 2015.

1. tasha15

tasha15 Member

Going through these withdrawals ain't fun like you all would agree.. I've decided to stop cold turkey. But can someone tell me ways I can go about this so I won't feel all down
  2. zplohr

zplohr Member

What are you coming off of?
  3. tasha15

tasha15 Member

Opiates.. hydrocodone
  4. imperivm1

imperivm1 Community Champion

Stopping cold turkey could have devastating effects on your body. You need to brace yourself for what's coming next if you decide to go down that road. However, you should probably consult someone who is medically competent. They'll tell you what the best course of action here is.
  5. Danyell

Danyell Community Champion

I am a heroin addict and I won't detox unless it is at a facility. If I were you I would try to find a doctor who can prescribe Suboxone. It is a serious life saver. You can take it just to detox and then taper off for a few days. It is really worth it. I have been on that and methadone, both for acute and long term care. I personally like suboxone or subutex better than methadone.
  6. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

First of all, I am happy to know that you are now finally quitting your addiction. That's a huge step towards recovery, but yeah, withdrawal symptoms could really be awful. You have just got to to toughen yourself up.