An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

worst of the worst

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by kgord, Oct 1, 2015.

1. kgord

kgord Community Champion

There are so many awful drugs out there? What do you think is the worst of the worst? My vote would go to either black tar Heroin or Meth. Heroin because of the expense and the difficulty of treatment and Meth due to the way it ravages skin and internal organs. What do you think is the worst drug and why?
  2. JayLyn

JayLyn Active Contributor

From personal experience I am going to go with cocaine in all its forms and from plain and simply being too scared to really try it, heroin, because I've seen the effects and the life changes in people who have.

OK, number one, cocaine. Why do I rate this the worst? I think I rate it the worst because for starters, its sneaky. It started off as a glamorous drug that celebrities and high society people were into. Because of its high price, not too many average people really got into it at first. But somehow, slowly but surely, it made its way into the mainstream population. People thought at first it was harmless. That's one thing that makes it one of the worst. By the time your realize that its not harmless, its too late. Then when it became crack, well everyone could suddenly afford it because you could by it for as little as $10. So, you think, $10, I can afford that. Boom, the high is so instant, so fantastic that you think, hmmm, just $10 more eh? And even with snorting. The effect is one of making you feel good about everything, especially yourself. And why do people do drugs? Because, a lot of times, they don't like themselves. Suddenly there's a drug that takes all those self doubting, self hating feelings away. Sneaky. In the end you hate yourself more than ever, and to top it off, everyone else does too. Last reason, because you will do almost anything for one more fix, cause the come down is the worst. Anxiety, depression and total despair follow, not to mention no money, no food, no family, no friends.
    OK now heroin. I do not use it, nor have I used it more than a handful of times in my whole life. The reason I am considering this one to be one of the worst is because kids are doing it now. Kids who should be in school and out with friends and planning their futures are doing it. And people don't always notice at first because done in small amounts all it does is make them happy and maybe a bit docile. But it doesn't stop there. Soon you want more and then you need more. Next, really nice kids are stealing from their parents, from their friends. They are going to jail for crimes they've committed to get the drug. They need it. Plain and simple, their body needs it. Soon, they are not the same kid anymore, the drug has changed them, their whole life is about the drug and plans for the future are where to get more of the drug. Need I say anymore?
  3. pwarbi

pwarbi Community Champion

I'm not sure anybody can say what is the worst drug or addiction as it will depend on the person and the circumstances they find themselves in. Crack cocaine is often said to be the most addictive so in that respect I'd probably have to agree, as I've seen what that drug can do to people.
    greybird29 likes this.
  4. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

I don't think there really is considered as the worst drug ever. I believe it depends on a person and how this certain drug has affected his/her life in a negative way. Some people would say it's alcohol because it has ruined a lot of families, and some people would say it's cocaine because it turned a lot of good people into violent ones. It is highly argumentative.
    greybird29 likes this.
  5. sunflogun

sunflogun Community Champion

The body needs it, the mind needs it and like you say, their or our life has changed and we are in a deep hole.
  6. missbishi

missbishi Community Champion

That's a great point to make. We've all had different experiences and seen different things. Personally, I'd say cigarettes and alcohol are the biggest killers. Others will disagree.
  7. kgord

kgord Community Champion

Well it's no doubt that they are all bad in their way. However, many can use alcohol and not abuse it. Even cigarettes, some can keep it to a few a week, but other drugs that addict people with just one hit or two and cause people to eventually turn criminal to pay for their habits to me are the items that are the worse. People don't steal or kill or go out of their minds to pay for and indulge their cigarette habit. I think drugs that cause you to be extremely anti social are the worst.
  8. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Community Champion

I would have to agree that heroin and meth would probably be among the worst drugs you can do, but I am no expert so there may be some that are much worse for you. I do know that these two drug will tear up your body and show their effects very fast with regular use. In reality though, all drugs are bad for you to some degree when they are abused.
  9. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Community Champion

I don't have too much knowledge about drugs but I have to agree with you. Heroin is a terrible drug, you become addicted pretty easy and I've heard that is extremely difficult to quit. Meth is also a terrible drug, it's really addictive too and it's really damaging for your teeth. Have you ever seen the movie about Christiane F? (I'm sorry if I didn't write it correctly) it's a crude and kind of cruel way to show the dangers that heroine can cause.
  10. Rainman

Rainman Community Champion

I'd say alcohol is the worst. Each year alcohol robs about 2.5 million people of their lives but smoking kills more people than alcohol does. So IMHO, I'd say tobacco is the worst. Alcohol comes in second last.
  11. Tsky45

Tsky45 Community Champion

I think that most of these hard drugs are all equally dangerous. Crack is one drug that even though some have recovered from many people haven't. Heroin is a drug the has been around since the 60's and people are still hooked on that. I think that there can 't be one drug that's worst than another when it comes to this. As far as marijuana , I think that every other drug out there is way more dangerous and addictive than this tho.
  12. dechantajones

dechantajones Active Contributor

I agree with a few of the post that all drugs are bad but cocaine and heroin have huge impacts on the user and their loved ones. Cocaine ruins families, the high is short lived and people will do anything to get it. I've seen a lot of cocaine abusers loose their kids because they use their money to buy the drug instead of paying their rent. Heroin is a hard habit to kick and the withdrawal is painful. I've heard people say they gave up on rehab because they needed the drug to stop the pain.
  13. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

I think in here it is Shabu. I do not have any experiences with illegal drugs but I usually here in the news about drug lords/pushers and users being busted with shabu. So I assumed it is one of the most common abused illegal drugs here compared to others. It is called methamphetamine too.
  14. Sparkster

Sparkster Community Champion

Krokodil is the worst in my opinion. It's a cheap way of making desomorphine and kills users within two years of statting to use it by causing necrosis (it eats away the flesh). Next to that I would say crystal meth because of it's extremely addictive nature and the huge amount of physical damage it causes in such a short amount of time. It's a lot worse than crack in my opinion.
  15. mooray

mooray Active Contributor

I think heroine is the worst drug ever followed by cocaine at a close distant and cigarette/alcohol in that order. However, I think it all depends on how much you take the poison. Regardless, even the smallest dosage of heroine can instantly get you addicted and I would definitely try to avoid it.
  16. serenity

serenity Community Champion

I think meth is the worst drug since not only does it damage your brain, your skin and teeth get affected too! The teeth are usually left untouched with other drugs, but meth can annihilate them, so the users will eventually not be able to chew on anything, except ingesting meth, lol.
  17. SunnySkies

SunnySkies Active Contributor

I would say meth, especially the back-alley kinds with all those dangerous and untested synthetic compounds. The amount of damage its does on the body and mind is horrifying to behold, even more so than a lot of other drugs.
  18. greybird29

greybird29 Active Contributor

I agree with many of y’all and I will also add spice and all its “friends” to the list of “worse drugs”. In my little town it “was” easy to get a the local “head shop” and contributed to the death of over two dozen folks under the age of 25 just in the 18 months it was easily available for easy access pocket money; most $5.00 or less. It is so deadly several died after consuming it for the very first time.
    They are all bad in their own way I just cannot dedicate myself to pick which one is worse. It all depends on the person and what the drugs do to them. A one hit toke can take a life, years of addiction can as well; both can destroy lives and families. Very sad indeed!
  19. Nergaahl

Nergaahl Community Champion

Meth is truly the worst. While you can recover from using other drugs, you will never really recover from meth. Think about the damage it does to your brain, and the way it contorts your appearance only to look like a walking abomination. Personality is the most important thing one has in this world, and meth just takes it away. And you can never get it back.
  20. greybird29

greybird29 Active Contributor

While I do agree meth is very bad I disagree that meth is the worst. I have observed a young lady that had a cocaine problem along with being an alcoholic. She had an awful tragic experience and stopped all for ten years. Married a wonderful man and had three children and a beautiful home. Then poof after ten years she walked in a bar asks for a shot and a beer; it destroyed her life. She went right back to being a full blown alcoholic, lost everything, her husband, children, home and everything that meant anything.
    She then gave birth to two set of twins and one single birth two had Down’s syndrome two had addiction problems; only one was healthy. With no clue who the father was, she gave them all up for adoption; her life is in ruins.

Her appearance is awful has lost most teeth and has very bad health issues; she never did meth.