An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

worst of the worst

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by kgord, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Coolkidhere

Coolkidhere Community Champion

Here are my top five worst drugs:

1. Meth. I think this is one of the most addictive drugs out there. It messes you up and once you start you just cannot stop. It can leave you messed up for 12 hours straight! Add to that, it is mostly chemicals and has no natural ingredients in it.
    2. Krokodil. It rots people flesh literally! I read that people who use this drug has a life expectancy of 1-4 years. Twisted, right? People had lost limbs, other body parts and has their skins teared off because of this drug.
    3. Cocaine. Probably because this drug has ruined a lot of lives.
    4. Tobacco. Kills you slowly.
    5. Alcohol. This has killed many lives either the alcoholic or sometimes the innocent people who got hit by the alcoholic.
  2. oraclemay

oraclemay Community Champion

Alcohol is terrible because it is more acceptable than other drugs. People will still entertain it and spend time with those who are alcoholics. It is a silent killer and destroys the life of the alcoholic and those around it. It may have a further reach because of the manner in which is seen as acceptable. Ofcourse drugs are different for everyone. You can never say which one is the worst.
  3. Adrianna

Adrianna Community Champion

The brain, the body, the organs, and the skin all have the ability to completely rejuvenate themselves. Especially the skin. The worst drug by far is obsession. This is the body's self inflicted drug that caused by environment over time. The chemicals released in the body that cause obsession are the most highly addictive substance available and the body makes it all by itself. Obsession is the link to drug addiction and abuse. Obsession with anything or anyone is the key to address, turn, and change. Awareness of that key is the freedom from any type of addiction. Your aware of how it makes you think, how it makes you feel. It is a constant circle of words over and over in your head. The urge for what you desire is so strong you can't help yourself physically. You become impulsive. This is your body and brain, not any exterior substance that has a hold of you. Your brain has more control of your body than any exterior drug on the planet. I don't care what drug it is or what ever you become obsessed with, it is not the substance it is a force inside of you. It is a section of the brain that reacts and commands you to do what ever it is that you are obsessed to do. This is the strongest drug.
  4. greybird29

greybird29 Active Contributor

In a way I agree with you Adrianna yet in other ways I cannot. Obsession can be with things that are not drugs and will not harm you. Some folks are obsessed with Christmas decorations and keep them up all year adding as they go through the years; it makes them happy. A particular sports team, racing, coins, stamps, and so many other things; yet they are not necessarily harmful to folks life, livelihood future or the body and soul. Most every drug out there can be harmful to the entire life of a family and destroy everything good when folks are “obsessed” with them.
    So yes obsession can be strong in any form; yet I cannot agree that it is the strongest drug because it is not a drug; it is a feeling of obsession with something.
  5. JonnyMacdonald

JonnyMacdonald Community Champion

I think it's different for everyone, it's diffciult to make blanket statements like X is the worst.
    When I was in party mode, even though I was doing cocaine the worst for me was alcohol.
  6. doatk22

doatk22 Community Champion

Meth is horrible. My apartment manager is on it and every time I see him, he's picking at his skin on his face. It's horrible and then he gets big sores. Ugh! But I'd say heroin too.
  7. Lin

Lin Member

I agree with you on the meth. Any drug that has the ability to deteriorate your skin and lead you to a fast death isn't good. It is crippling to think how someone in seeing that a drug is killing them, peeling away at the very fibre of their being, can still consume that drug.
  8. Meds

Meds Active Contributor

All drugs are deadly to me and I fear all of them. Some may kill you in a shorter period of time, while some take years. Whatever the case, I just don't like them. I especially don't like cocaine. I know if even a stranger bounces into you and it gets into your nostrils, you are doomed.
  9. rcdpink

rcdpink Active Contributor

It is highly argumentative yes, but there are just some drugs that are very deadly and will kill you in a matter of weeks. Consider not just what the drug will cause you to do, but what the drug can do to your health. There are really some deadly drugs out there.
  10. kmars

kmars Active Contributor

I don't know much about drugs aside from the regular ones that are always talked about, such ask cocaine, meth, weed, alcohol and so forth. I would think that the drugs that are most deadly are the ones that are gonna make you die quicker. So not because a drug is highly addictive it means that it is more deadly than others. I should think that the most deadly ones are the ones that eat away at your bones and flesh.
  11. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

Oh, okay. I get your point. If we're talking about the worst drug in terms of which one has the capacity to kill you real quick, I think it's probably ecstasy. I have read somewhere online that there's a form/type of ecstasy that could totally damage your brain cells.
  12. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

No personal experience with it here, but the worst I've heard from multiple sources is meth. I think you only need to look at the faces of meth type pictures, where you see bright, vivacious people as the before picture, and then shadows of their former self in the after pictures. I do think this topic is open to debate though because different drugs have different impacts on people, and I guess the level of usage plays a part as well.
  13. kgord

kgord Community Champion

I have heard of a drug that is worse than meth, but it is not common because it is even more destructive. One use, and people are addicted to it. It may also kill you on the first use. It was discussed on this forum, but I don't remember the name of it.. Can someone help me out? It seems like the worst drug ever.