An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Would you even try cocaine?

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by rightct, Mar 23, 2015.

1. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

I would not try cocaine even if I were paid a million dollars then and there. My values, my integrity, family, friends and my faith are important to me. If I take a step toward a drug-ridden path, even just one step, I won't be able to forgive myself. The reason why I could never be as wasted as other people is that I have a care for my loved ones and bank on my conscience. I always think about how large-scale actions and decisions will affect those around me and, of course, myself.
  2. Peninha

Peninha Community Champion

At this point I would give the same answer, but when I was a teenager I have to say I considered it, but for some reason I was fortunate enough not to try hard drugs. My luck.
  3. 6up

6up Community Champion

I can say yes, considering the time I joined high school. That is when I met friends from across the country who talked about every drug including the 'benefits' of cocaine. My first holiday got me trying out different drugs that we used to talk about in school but fortunately cocaine is never sold in my area. But for now it is impossible.
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  4. Peninha

Sometimes it feels that destiny protects us or something like that. While people I know totally disgraced their lives I feel fortunate for being close to do that, but coming out relatively clean.
  5. Matthodge1

Matthodge1 Community Champion

I had a friend who actually asked me if I would the other day, and the more I thought about it, the less I would want to do it. Besides the copious amount of dollars you are chucking out the window(cocaine is a super expensive drug, for those of you who did not know)it is one of the more addicting drugs.
  6. pineywood

pineywood Community Champion

I was wondering the same question, but in regards to heroin. I just feel like it is one of those life changing moments where you either make the right decision or fall into a cycle of drug abuse. Sounds like you have a good brain on your shoulders! You should be very proud of yourself! Oh and to answer your question, no I am not interested in trying cocaine, either.
  7. henry

henry Community Champion

That was a very good decision, I wish I had done the same, it would have saved me a lot of grief. But, of course drugs feel good, that's why they're so addictive. It's very hard to find someone addicted to something that feels bad. There are many people who know how to control their habit and can live their whole lives using any type of drug without major consequences, but there are others that don't and get hooked and out of control really fast. It's really not worth finding out which one of those two categories you belong in.
  8. diprod

diprod Active Contributor

I won't and I don't plan to. You'll never know if you will get addicted to anything and you are never superior to any substance. It is not wise to even dare myself to do it.
  9. cheeto

cheeto Member

I find myself very interested in cocaine but I'm scared to see what would happen if I tried it. Based on my personality I think I'd like it, but too much so. I couldn't handle being in an area where I knew how to get it easily. Which is why I don't ask about the stuff even if it's around at a party.
  10. zombie4412

zombie4412 Member

Not only have I tried cocaine, I am a recovering crack cocaine addict. I tried it once, did not like it, and was foolish enough to try it again. After that it went downhill fast for me. At one point, me and my ex husband spent $3,600 in a week and a half. It almost killed me, but by the grace of God, I have been clean for 6 years.
  11. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

Thanks for the compliment but I think more than having a good brain, I highly value the people around me that I have no time to sink so deep in my own sorrows. The sober me can do so much more and as Junot Diaz would have told you, "the only way out is in." Escapism isn't really my thing. That's great. Better to stay out of cocaine or any other drug before it ruins your life for good.
  12. pineywood

pineywood Community Champion

Yeah, and the sad thing is you all spending $3,600 in a week and a half is not uncommon. I am glad to hear you have stayed away from the crack cocaine for so many years. Now, you are able to share your story and your success with others! I think people who are in the midst of addiction listen to others who have first hand experience better than someone who is trying to help, but can not relate on the same level of knowledge, and has that been there, done that attitude!
  13. AFKATafcar

AFKATafcar Community Champion

I especially wouldn't go anywhere near cocaine because I've personally seen what it can do to people and those around them. I want nothing to do with something that's that powerful in such a negative way. Cocaine is fairly destructive, and it always affects the people around the users, too, so it's not something that you can simply ignore. I'm not going to try it!
  14. Peninha

Hard drugs are the worse. I had the opportunity to try it and I declined it because I felt that would be a while different level, eventually a no-return one.
  15. Matthodge1

Matthodge1 Community Champion

That is the main complaint about cocaine. The price is way too much for a hobby, which is why cocaine is really only prominent among the rich.
    dreeklass likes this.
  16. dreeklass

dreeklass Member

I would never say never, purely because when I have said never in the past, to exactly what I was adamant against has transpired in my life. I think there are certain situations that may lead us to certain outcomes, and that nobody knows where they will end up for certain.

So, ideally, would I want to try Cocaine? No. Certainly not when I have seen what it can do to people. But can I guarantee that I will not try it? I don't think so.
  17. bluedressed

bluedressed Community Champion

I think it's bad when addicts (or people who abuse drugs in general) put pressure on their entourage to try it. Heard so many times stories like this - women we knew would get a boyfriend, the boyfriend would be like, "Hey, let's have fun together, I happen to have heroin!" and it would go down, down, down.

The funny thing is, the people I know who tried cocaine and who did not get addicted to it tell me, "I like it, it's fun, and I'm happy to not be addicted. But I would not think it's smart for anyone to take the risk".
  18. Peninha

Yeah, most likely because deep down they know they are addicted even if they aren't consuming daily, it's something that consumes them inside, that's just how drugs work.
  19. Charli

Charli Community Champion

This is how I think of it as well. I think people misinterpret it as being like the heroin type of addictive probably because it's how it's always portrayed in the media but in essence it's pretty much just like coffee.
  20. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 Senior Contributor

The very first times that I had dabbled with cocaine was when I started hitting up the local gay night clubs in my area when I first turned 21. It was fairly common for many of the older guys to hit on us younger guys pretty heavily in the bathrooms, offering us "bumps" constantly. Once I got a buzz on from several drinks, I was more or less like "screw it" and would do some bumps from time to time. It was enjoyable at first but not life changing. My initial reaction was "that's it? that's what all the fuss is about? I can handle that!" - it wasn't until I started buying it for myself and doing it regularly that the addiction really started to kick in.