An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Would you even try cocaine?

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by rightct, Mar 23, 2015.

1. ZXD22

ZXD22 Senior Contributor

Absolutely not. I wouldn't try cocaine even if you paid me to try it. I've heard that they have completely turned peoples lives upside down just from a couple uses and being addicted to them is almost guaranteed death.
  2. Devonne

Devonne Member

I snorted pain pills and when I was in the middle of that addiction I did think about using cocaine. I never did though and I'm happy that I made one good choice during that time in my life. I don't like uppers and hate that feeling like my heart is going to jump out of my chest and I've just heard too many stories where people feel like that with cocaine use. No drug is ok but I have to say I fear cocaine and meth the most.
  3. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

I would never try it even it is for free. It is an illegal substance and I do not want to put myself into risks like health risks as well as being caught.
  4. lissetetiff

lissetetiff Member

A few years ago, I would definitely have tried cocaine. Right now though, I know much better, having experimented with several soft drugs and feeling the harsh effects.
    I would therefore not try venturing into hard drug because I know I wouldn't be able to stop; it took me ages to stop using the soft drugs I had ventured into.
  5. CallipygianGamine

CallipygianGamine Community Champion

On one hand I can actually kind of see the appeal, as I’ve heard some stories from people who have tried it. On the other hand, I’ve read too many other horror stories about it for me to be curious about what it feels like. Plus I have a tendency to go all-in on things if I like them, I’m not someone who can just dabble, so it’d have to be a no for me. I just choose to live vicariously through certain authors if I ever do find myself wondering about it.
  6. JonnyMacdonald

JonnyMacdonald Community Champion

I did use cocaine for a span of time and I don't suggest it to anyone. It's truly the devils concoction. The most annoying people in the world are people on it. When I stopped and I was still around it I was disgusted by the way you look/act on it, mostly disgusted by the thought I acted like that.
    Sure it makes you feel great on it, but for every high you have to pay with it with a low. Feeling low is awful and terrible and that is part of the draw to keep using.
    You were right to say no. One hit of "joy" can rob you of years or even your whole life.
  7. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Senior Contributor

The people i know (16-22) who take it are either:

- Women who know the people who supply the coke and as such get it free if the dealer things he is going to get sexual favors in return. You will be very suprised at the amount of young women that actually do this.

- Clubbers, when you take it you have enough energy to keep going all night.

- Drinkers/Clubbers, while taking it the effects of alcohol aren't as severe and keeps them in the "tipsy" range even if they have drank to excess.

- Ones with nothin to lose. The down and out'ers. The ones who take all different cocktails of drugs doing it for the buzz at first and then for the addiction.
  8. tarverten

tarverten Senior Contributor

It has glamour (Kate Moss and Kerry katona both linked in the last week alone).
    Those people also want to try drinking, sex, fast driving, other drugs - it looks like fun and they have no moral restraint telling them "No", plus no real punishments await them even if caught. So they think, why the hell not? The same reason many indulge in minor criminal activity of other kinds.
  9. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Senior Contributor

Quite simply, because it feels incredible, have u ever had an endorphin rush naturally produced by the body? its like a massive high that lasts for hours due to extreme excercise, excitement or pleasure; times that by 100 and thats what cocaine does

the most incredible feeling you'll ever have, and im not even a cocaine user, im just explaining thatit gives you such an incredible feeling its understandable why people use it.
  10. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Senior Contributor

I wouldn't because to be blatantly honest, I'm not dumb enough. If we KNOW something can kill us, why in God's name do we still do it willingly??

I can't speak for anyone else but myself on this. But there is NOTHING that can ever make me take something I KNOW can/will kill me.
  11. tito

tito Member

My advice is to not try cocaine or any other drugs, especially those who sit within class A drugs.
    Cocaine is highly addictive due to its short but intensive sensation. People in general consume cocaine for the first time due to their curiosity, "how does it feel" or " I need to try it just once", this my friends might be the beginning of the end.
    Cocaine is extremely harmful to your body, in particular your brain and hart, it can leave you to bankrupt and excludes you from normal social. Once you are addicted your only concern is to find money for another dose and this will keep on going until you are dead, in prison or decided to treat yourself in a clinic.
    It’s not worth it…..
  12. CrowdedHighways

CrowdedHighways Active Contributor

I would probably never do it, but the thing is, there are a few too many things I have said this about and that I did end up trying after all...
  13. Damien Lee

Damien Lee Community Champion

Perhaps when I was younger I would try cocaine if I was offered it. After all, that's how I got my start with ecstasy though I'm not ashamed to admit it. However, that would never happen today. It took me a long time to come clean and I worked very hard to turn my life around. Under no circumstances do I want to go through that again, therefore I steer clear of all drugs.
  14. No.

I've even had a dude just hand me a bag of cocaine before and say "take it, it's free" and I turned it down.

Everyone know I know who's done it says the same thing. It's fun for awhile, then the next day you feel like you're hungover and it's extremely addictive. That doesn't seem like something I wanna get involved with at all.
  15. smartmom

smartmom Senior Contributor

No! I just can not see where its worth it. I mean I will let other peoples lives be a testimony to the fact that nothing good comes from using it. I don't judge people but bodily harm is just not the answer. I mean I would never want to use anything that I will have to one day depend on. I love myself too much.
  16. Unaddicted

Unaddicted Member

I definitely would not try Cocaine. I wouldn't try most other drugs either though for that matter. I just feel that once you try it, it is just too hard to get off it because your body is always seeking that first hit. I have watched a few documentaries on it and often the first hit is the best - but you are always in search of that 'first hit' and can never quite reach it ever again, which is why people become addicted to trying to get there.
  17. Adrianna

Adrianna Community Champion

Cocainahhhh. I really have no desire for this junk. I have been around it quite a bit. I had a friend who slipped it to me to make me get up. Tricky witch, this is why it is better to just stay away from these people with issues. She cornered me with some in a bathroom. I tried it. We were out in a bar. Ah, I could say it was a really interesting experience. I've tried different drugs but can take things or leave them. It was funny because what happened was I did some really wild outlandish things that night. I mean just some things out of character. I was a little more forward with guys and was wrapping myself around one, I think. Lol, it was funny to me. I enjoyed the temporary change. She didn't like it. The next day she said you are never having that again. Somehow I think she was jealous. There was another reason for her to push this on me. I think she had a girl crush.
    I haven't ever touched it again and that was over 12 years ago. It is much more exciting to do something like that straight up because the nervousness sets in. The forwardness I mean.
  18. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Community Champion

After my experience with addictions I would definitely stay away from it. I don't need to worry about another substance making my life worse. Cocaine is a hell of a drug and I'm sure it's pretty strong for most of the people, even the addicted ones.
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  19. sozier

sozier Member

I could never even consider trying cocaine. I know too much about how it badly effects people to try it. Cocaine destroys relationships with family and friends. It causes the user to lose his mind and become a totally different person. I couldn't live with myself if I decided to use cocaine because not only would I be hurting myself, I would also be hurting those around me. Using cocaine doesn't just effect one person. It effects everyone who is around. On top of that, once some starts to use it, it become hard for him to stop. I wouldn't want to put myself or my family in such a tragic and devastating situation.
  20. sonia11

sonia11 Senior Contributor

I would never try it, not after being in a relationship with someone who was addicted to it. Not only does it pretty much change who you are and make you hurt the people you love without thinking of the consequences, it's obviously not healthy. Oh, and if you like being poor, coke is just the drug at about $50 a pop. And then there's the whole "it's illegal" thing.