An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Would you even try cocaine?

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by rightct, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Lizel

Lizel Community Champion

My friends have told me to try cocaine, but I was assertive in this cause. I don't want to try it. I don't want to be addicted, that's the best decision I could make.
  2. bsthebenster

bsthebenster Community Champion

I have tried it, yes. I can't say I'd do it again if it were offered to me though. To expensive and too much of a hassle in your life.
  3. Rex

Rex Community Champion

I've done it, but didnt get hooked. I could however see someone getting addicted easilly enough so i would not advice trying it
  4. darkfiendje

darkfiendje Member

Allready tried for 7 years.
    Destroyed a big part of my life i would say just dont do it!
  5. stridee

stridee Active Contributor

I would never try to use cocaine. The reason being is that I recognize how dangerous this drug can be. Many people have fallen victim to the consequences of this drug which in turn has had a dramatic impact on their lives. Cocaine can do nothing but harm for your body. While I am sure that it can make you feel good, the long term detriments definitely outweigh the short term benefits. Cocaine should be hidden from society or at least put under stricter control.
  6. eveliner

eveliner Senior Contributor

I agree that cocaine is available to everyone and can find it easily if you live somewhere where dealers can be found at every corner of the street, but I feel that nobody should take drugs even if they are in a dire situation. It just doesn't add up any kind of solution to your problem whatsoever. Most people have their own reckoning which they take drugs, but I firmly believe whatever they think that makes worth taking drugs is either unfounded or oblivious. To actually respond to your question... no, I wouldn't take cocaine even if someone paid me to.
  7. MrAmazingMan1

MrAmazingMan1 Active Contributor

A lot of people try cocaine, and my father once told me there is no such thing as a person who has never tried a drug. I don't truly believe that but I do know that I am very curious about them. common sense tells me no, they will ruin my life etc etc. but I want to know what the experience is like. also cocaine can seriously damage your nose, so that is a main reason I would try to stay away from it, other than financial reason as well.
  8. mscaver86

mscaver86 Member

I have tried a lot of things in my early 20's. I am not proud of many things but I definitely don't regret anything because it helped me become who I am today. With that being said I indulged in it in my early twenty's. It was very expensive and I was not addicted to it but I use to say I don't have an addictive personality but you never know what may happen.
  9. LilAnn

LilAnn Community Champion

I've done it a umber of times. It wasn't the "best thing ever, but it was close. I can see why people get addicted. The physical sensation of it going up you nose and down you throat is as calming as the cocaine. Almost immediately I felt all anxiety melt away. There was no bad feelings at all. I was 100% happy and comfortable. I could talk to anyone and get anything done.

Remember, it has to be addictive for a reason. And, in the beginning, it isn't a physical dependency. It just makes you feel so good! Ad when it starts to wear off, and you don't have anymore, its one of the worst feelings in the world, on its own. But combine it with how good you felt when you snorted those lines and it makes you want to rob a nursing home, being visited by a preschool class, carrying puppies and kittens.
  10. Owlwright

Owlwright Member

I wouldn't try cocaine, it's that one drug that was my friends downfall and seperated us.
    I know it's a very dangerous drug and it changes people. At the end of our friendship, I didn't even know who she was anymore.
    I saw it's true face, I would never mess with any substances like that, ever.
  11. Matthodge1

Matthodge1 Community Champion

I agree. There is not a good reason for me to try it.
  12. mochaisis

mochaisis Member

I have to be honest and say that I have done cocaine, several times. I tried it in college, and then with my ex-boyfriend, who I believe is somewhat addicted. I did feel something each time, and I noticed everytime I did it my tolerance got higher and higher. I can definitely see cocaine being a very dangerous drug. Thank God I don't have the desire to do it or seek it out ever again.
  13. Jamesbonner

Jamesbonner Active Contributor

No, I would never try it, because I know that it gives a good feeling which makes you always looking for more which will makes you addicted, trying is the first step of being an addicted !
  14. Nergaahl

Nergaahl Community Champion

No. I know drugs are expensive and you are considered "blessed" and "lucky" if you are given them for free, but it will only make you want more and more, thus spend a lot on money on them. That's a horrible, but clever strategy drug dealers use. I would never accept any drug, no matter how pressuring the entourage would be or how cheap the drug would be.
  15. juno

juno Community Champion

I think cocaine is just too scary and I wouldn't even want to try it. I'm not big on sniffing stuff anyway. I don't understand what kids are thinking when they just want to try it to see what it is like. It is so dangerous.
  16. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

No.. I can think of several other ways that I could get a free dose of "joy" and be happy for days.
  17. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

If you know it's going to hurt you in the long run, then there's really no point in trying it out. The reason why people take cocaine could be psychological or emotional but it's not like everyone is trying it out just for the heck of it.
  18. SLTE

SLTE Community Champion

Not likely. There are some things I'm willing to try once - that's the best way to actually talk about a subject, by giving it a shot - but drugs are not one of those things. There's too much risk of the drug agreeing with my system and becoming a habit. There's also no telling what's going to be in the stuff, even if you trust your dealer enough to spread it around to friends. No, I'll just look at the results of the overuse of cocaine and be satisfied with my decision, thanks.
  19. whitenoise

whitenoise Senior Contributor

I mind trying cocaine honestly. I know it isn't natural like marijuana so it's potentially more dangerous also the addictiveness that it gives doesn't really attract me a lot and heavy drugs are just annoying honestly
  20. doatk22

doatk22 Community Champion

I was never into any type of drug. That's just who I am as a person, not for me, probably too scared to try it. So I've never done coke and I never will.