An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Would you even try cocaine?

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by rightct, Mar 23, 2015.

1. SharkyJen998

SharkyJen998 Active Contributor

I wouldn't try it because I know myself too well and believe the propaganda that cocaine is really addicting. I am already addicted to cigarettes and have been addicted to other substances in the past. Because of this, I don't want to subject myself to something that has a high potential for abuse. I know myself and I know that would be a bad decision for me.
  2. kgord

kgord Community Champion

I wouldn't because I know that people have died of a heart attack after a single use. I don't like the idea of that all. No high is worth risking your life. I don't feel like playing Russian Roulette with my life, and yeah, I am sure most people are not affected like that, but I seem to be sensitive to medications in general so not a good idea for me.
  3. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson Community Champion

I cannot tell a lie, when I was much younger, I did have a line of coke. I never bought it, it was far too expensive for me, but it was offered around at a party. I think I was very fortunate, it had very little effect on me, while others were becoming excited and animated, red in the face from the exhilarating rush, I just sat there and wondered what all the fuss was about. In later years I encountered several people who used it regularly, they all had one distinct trait, a sudden explosive temper that could come out of nowhere and was completely over-the-top for the situation. It became clear to me that regular cocaine usage causes a temperament problem that doesn't seem to stop just because someone stops doing the drug. I would consider coke to be one of the single most dangerous drugs out there, the dangers of it are not as widely known as the dangers of heroin, or meth, or crack, but its just as dangerous. The popularity of it as a party drug and its widespread availability, even in my little English town, are what transform it into such a killer. Its addictiveness cannot be publicised enough, its an evil drug with no benefits or positives at all, even temporary ones. Well done for refusing it, you made your future so much brighter just by doing that, as your coke using friend gets older, you should see the effects on him as I have described, thats if he actually lives long enough for them to manifest.
  4. SamBo_LamBo

SamBo_LamBo Member

No way. There are way too many horror stories about how dependent people are on powders. It's not something I even fathom wanting to try for fear of addiction on the first try. It's not something like Marijuana where it turns into a bad habit slowly, but it's something that can consume right away. Never going on my radar.
  5. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

When I was younger yes, but now that I have more common sense in me... no freaking way! I know it's hard to find good quality stuff nowadays, they cut coke with a lot nasty stuff that will end up making you get really sick for sure. So no thanks, I don't see myself ever trying nay kind of drug ever again, specially coke... dealers have gotten more greedy than ever trying to cut coke to ridiculous levels... consuming coke is like playing Russian roulette!
  6. serenity

serenity Community Champion

I haven't tried it yet, but I would refuse cocaine if ever it was offered to me because I might get addicted to it if I happen to like it.
  7. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHome Community Champion

I actually did try it once. ONCE. That's all it took for me to 1. know it was absolutely NOT for me and 2. to have a two year battle with antibiotic resistant staph infection in my left nostril.
    Don't know if it was the dollar bill I used, the mirror I used, the cocaine it's self or what but something irritated and infected my nose and it was a living nightmare. Wouldn't wish that disaster on my worst enemies. So many pills, creams, nights awake hurting and unable to breath comfortably.
  8. Rowe992

Rowe992 Senior Contributor

I would never try cocaine and also due to the fact that cocaine and other hard drugs are not easily accessible then I don't ever see myself trying them. I would rather turn to marijuana smoking than to every try cocaine or heroine.
  9. dechantajones

dechantajones Active Contributor

I was unknowingly given a blunt of marijuana laced with cocaine and I didn't like how it made me feel, so I wouldn't knowingly true cocaine by itself. I've also seen the negative impact cocaine abuse has on the addict and their significant others so I wouldn't willingly try it.
  10. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015 Community Champion

No. No. And triple no. Sometimes all I have to do is watch others and see how things work when they try certain things. It saves me the trouble of having to learn the hard way.
  11. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Community Champion

From what I've heard, cocaine isn't all that great. I don't think I'd even have the desire to try it. I wouldn't even accept the offer of a free dose. It's just not something that interests me and if I'm correct, the high doesn't last that long.
  12. E.Mil

E.Mil Community Champion

I would be too scared to try cocaine for a couple of reasons. I would be afraid about what if I get hooked and how cocaine will affect my life in a negative way.
  13. Scooby Snack

Scooby Snack Community Champion

Cocaine is actually on my bucket list, along with LSD and Shrooms.

Interestingly, though, I've had two separate people tell me the exact same thing about it: while you're on it it feels amazing, but the crash afterward is almost debilitating in its emotional low.
  14. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

Take a good look around the forum and read a few stories and you might just decide it's not worth the risk to try any of these things.
    Scooby Snack likes this.
  15. Scooby Snack

Sigh, I knew that was coming. Set myself up for it.
    Winterybella likes this.
  16. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

:) So take that bucket and throw it away. I am like your mom speaking to you;) or the quiet voice saying 'leave it alone".Welcome to the forum by the way.
    Scooby Snack likes this.
  17. Nate5

Nate5 Active Contributor

I would never try cocaine. It is very dangerous, and the amount of recreation I would get from this drug does not make up for the addiction, physical harm, and ruined relationships that it will cause. This is one of the few things that cannot be tried and expect everything to go back to normal. This stuff can ruin lives.
    Scooby Snack likes this.
  18. oportosanto

oportosanto Community Champion

I am really fortunate I never tried harder drugs because those are way addictive. So no, I never tried cocaine, I had something by my side helping me and I never tried it even if I had the opportunity to do it.
  19. Scooby Snack

Either way, the stern talking-to is appreciated :)

And thanks!
    Winterybella likes this.
  20. oportosanto

oportosanto Community Champion

Many times a harsher talk is necessary because if we have "friends" who offer certain things that might ruin our whole life, those are not real friends, quite the opposite.