An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Would you even try cocaine?

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by rightct, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Elendil

Elendil Active Contributor

Never in my life! I'm a medical professional, so I often have classes/posting in the Forensics department and morgue. In one of my classes I came across the body of a person who died of cocaine 'body packer syndrome' (for those not in the know, google it.) And looking at the state of the body and the condition inside, made me swear that I'll never even touch these substances, even if half a kingdom is offered to me. :eek:
  2. oportosanto

oportosanto Community Champion

No way I would accept it because I was always aware of the difference between hard drugs and lighter drugs. These last can be seen as recreational, but the first hook on the spot.
  3. misskrystal1982

misskrystal1982 Active Contributor

I wouldn't ever try it. I have never had the desire to. It seems like such a terrible waste of money, not to mention how incredibly dangerous it is.
    It's interesting how different parts of the country have different drugs that are readily available. Seems as though certain regions are about cocaine, others meth and so on.
    I feel terrible for those that you say feel pressured to try it. That is not a good environment or situation to be in. Especially for teens looking for acceptance.
  4. doatk22

doatk22 Community Champion

I would never and even when I wasn't saved I was scared to try hard drugs like that. I'm glad that was my personality.
  5. oportosanto

What do you mean @doatk22, even when you wasn't saved? For me it was not a matter of being scared, I know that could end my life, so I never dared into it.
  6. CpeterN3

CpeterN3 Member

I would never try cocaine not even once because trying it even just once can trigger dramatic changes in the brain, causing memory loss and leaving the user addicted. It can disturb the normal memory function, making it difficult for those who have taken it to think about anything else. Just one try can lead a person to addiction so I advise not trying at all.
  7. tomservo

tomservo Member

I've done cocaine a couple of times, maybe three. I did not find it addictive, and I have never felt a strong desire to do it since the last time I did. I swear I am not being sarcastic. I really cannot relate to how so many people become so desperately addicted to it. It's not that good.
  8. BoredPostman

BoredPostman Member

I tried cocaine in college just to say that I had. Luckily I never went down the addict road, but damn when I look back at all the stupid stuff I did when I was younger simply for the "aesthetic" of it, it really disgusts me.
  9. oportosanto

That is the issue, when we try just to say that we did we might get ourselves in trouble. I think we should be more wise and say no, looking for a healthier alternative.
  10. Amelie Santos

Amelie Santos Active Contributor

No. I have enough problems as it is. I'm so thankful that I've never been tempted by it, because it's probably almost impossible to quit it. I feel for those who are addicted to it; they must feel so helpless and overpowered. @BoredPostman, thank God you weren't enslaved by it. That would have been a long and treacherous road.
    stariie likes this.
  11. BoredPostman

BoredPostman Member

Too right you are. But to be honest, I'm not sure what kept me off of it more; the risks of addiction or its high price tag.
  12. Cocaine is a heavy drug, maybe the heaviest of drugs you can find. I haven't tried it yet, and I don't feel like ever doing so, but I know friends who have done cocaine, and to my surprise, they are not addicts. They said to me they felt like crap after consuming cocaine... why should I try something that makes me feel bad ?
  13. Andorphin

Andorphin Member

I wouldn't try cocaine not even if they said I'd feel like being in Heaven. It's a drug and even though for the moment may have a positive psychological effect on the long term has its side effects on the mental and physical health. It can also make someone addicted to it so that is also another reason why I wouldn't try it. Drugs are dangerous.
  14. Mara

Mara Community Champion

I don't think that I am brave enough or stupid enough to try it. I know that it's a very dangerous drug, and though I like danger, I wouldn't dare plunge into doing cocaine.
  15. stariie

stariie Community Champion

No, I don't think so. When I was fresh out of my teens, many of my acquaintances and friends had some kind of drug habit going on, I even had a roommate that sold coke and used to keep a lot of it on him at all times. I was never tempted by it.
  16. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

Perhaps you're an exception to the rule? There are so many factors that explain why some people end up abusing the substance while others could easily resist it after the first use. You may not have the same hang-ups as those other people. Maybe you're emotionally more resilient and do not need drugs to escape from some misery or inner turmoil like most substance abusers. Addiction is a case-to-case basis. Prior knowledge of the drug and its effects also deter or delay addiction.
  17. Joethefirst

Joethefirst Community Champion

If only all questions where this easy. The simple answer no, I wouldn't try it even if it was for free.
  18. melody

melody Active Contributor

I have never tried it, and I would not. I do know that there is another reason some people use it. I knew a couple who swore that it was medicinal. I know it was, once upon a time, but it isn't now. Some people think, "Gee, if I had a little more energy.." Of course, that is probably one of the worst reasons you could do it!
  19. SashaS

SashaS Community Champion

In my opinion, no drug is worth trying because almost everyone who does do it just to "try" the drug ends up getting addicted - that's the whole point. It's not worth it as there are many other, better things in life to try, drugs shouldn't be one of them. Some types of curiosity are better left in the dark.
  20. explorerx7

explorerx7 Senior Contributor

There are persons who will encourage to be curious give cocaine a try. They will tell you can trying once will not pose a problem. There is a saying "curiosity killed the cat," well this is one cat who will not allow cocaine to ruin his life. I have heard and seen how the abuse of this substance has destroyed many people. Knowing all this, my resolve is to stay away from cocaine forever.