An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Would you even try cocaine?

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by rightct, Mar 23, 2015.

1. ChloeDawn

ChloeDawn Active Contributor

No, I would never try cocaine. For one, I simply cannot stand anything inside my nose and know I could not tolerate sniffing it. I am sure there may be other ways to use it, but I am not familiar with it. Also, cocaine is a hard drug. Hard drugs scare me to death. So, I simply could not try it for fear of what might happen to me.
  2. Deeishere

Deeishere Active Contributor

No, like you I would walk away.It's interesting how the person didn't want to speak to you again. I heard that one of the ways they get people hooked is by offering them a free hit. Then once you are hooked they got you and all your hard earned money. I wonder was your "friend" trying to get another customer for his pusher. Maybe he would be offered more drugs for free if he could bring more people in.
  3. Joethefirst

Joethefirst Community Champion

You are the exception to the rule, everyone is different and we react to things in a different way. Count yourself lucky that you didn't get addicted.
  4. oportosanto

oportosanto Community Champion

I never tried hard drugs, so yes I was lucky because I didn't because if I did most likely my life today would be entirely different...
  5. Vinaya

Vinaya Community Champion

When I was a teenager I watched a TV series created and produced by Police. The series followed a journey of couple of boys who become drug addict and they die horrible death. The show was so deeply rooted in my mind that I never have this thought to try cocaine or heroine fro that matter.
  6. oportosanto

Sometimes it works that way, other times it works the opposite. I read a touching book about drugs too as a teenager and never tried hard drugs, so eventually there is a connection.
  7. kgord

kgord Community Champion

No, I have never been interested in it. It can interfere with your heart function. If I need to escape my life that badly I should look at what is going on around me and fix that. I can't see taking a drug to make your life all better. It just isn't going to work, I mean a short term high...for what? to feel worse when you come out of it..No Thanks.
  8. oportosanto

I wish everyone would be so rational and think before consuming, but the issue is most people just want to get high and don't even think about that...
  9. ciaran071198

ciaran071198 Member

I have tried cocaine ONCE (other time was fake), and honestly the buzz wasn't very pleasant at all and I didn't find myself wanting more and more. It was a rush, felt kind of pleasant but made me quite shaky.
  10. oportosanto

Pretty great that you didn't felt awesome ciarano, most likely because of that you were never lead to try again a drug that could have destroyed your life.
  11. Jack Wallace

Jack Wallace Senior Contributor

Сосаinе is а pоwеrfully аddiсtivе stimulаnt thаt dirесtly аffесts thе brаin. Сосаinе hаs bееn lаbеlеd thе drug оf thе 1980s аnd ‘90s, bесаusе оf its еxtеnsivе pоpulаrity аnd usе during this pеriоd. Hоwеvеr, сосаinе is nоt а nеw drug.

In fасt, it is оnе оf thе оldеst knоwn drugs. Thе purе сhеmiсаl, сосаinе hydrосhlоridе, hаs bееn аn аbusеd substаnсе fоr mоrе thаn 100 yеаrs, аnd соса lеаvеs, thе sоurсе оf сосаinе, hаvе bееn ingеstеd fоr thоusаnds оf yеаrs.
  12. oportosanto

I recall seeing cocaine being used as a medicine in the early 1900 if I am not mistaken, so it's amazing how our knowledge of this drugs has changed with time.
  13. Mara

Mara Community Champion

I wouldn't try it even if it was free. I've seen what it did to Tony Montana in Scarface. I know it's only a movie and that they might have exaggerated a little, but I still won't try using cocaine.
  14. oportosanto

Not many people thinking like that when they are in their teens and enjoying the night, we don't have the necessary awareness or maturity to say no.
  15. rjs5248

rjs5248 Member

Never! The imposed dangers terrify me. You hear so many stories about people over dosing and I feel like nobody really knows how much they can handle going into it. Just seems like such a huge risk to take for such a short lived experience. Not to mention, a freaking expensive habit.

I can honestly say I would never try it and have never been tempted.
  16. oportosanto

I was faced with the possibility and simply declined it because I knew it was a hard drug and I didn't want to mess with those, it's too dangerous for me.
  17. Dilof

Dilof Member

I have never and will never try cocaine. Cocaine is the second-most addictive drug there is, and as a poster above said, Curiosity kills the cat. Once you start, it's extremely difficult to get off.
  18. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Senior Contributor

I have thought about it doing it in the past. My perception of it was that it was a bad drug, but you could still function with it and it wouldn't take over your life. Now I know that is only partly true. Sure you can function on it, but it does indeed still take over your life. I don't have any desire to try cocaine anymore.