An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Wow, i hate Suboxone.

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Brad, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Brad

Brad Active Contributor

Its amazing how docs abuse there power. Ive been on suboxone off n on for 10 years. Well i was tapering down and go down to 2mg. Went to go get my last script b4 i jumped off the wagon and my doc got busted. 6 doctors in warren busted for 500mill medcaid scam. Anyways im 12 days clean now. Damn it sucks but im 38 and this is my last time going through this. Stomach still messed up but gotta keep pushing. My gf loaded me up with vitamins it helps think maybe another week ill be much better. Anyways if your on subs and your doc hasnt tried weening you down then somethings wrong. There was no was in hell i should have been on them so long. My fault too. Anyways good luck to anyone trying to better themselves. You can do it. Never stop quitting
    True concern, Dominica and deanokat like this.
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Brad... Congrats on being 12 days clean. That's fabulous. Yes, Suboxone helps a lot of people get off of heroin and other opioids. But it is an opioid itself, and taking it long-term can be problematic. Be grateful that your girlfriend is helping you with the vitamins. And thanks for sharing your insight and positive thoughts with the people here. We truly appreciate it!
    True concern and Dominica like this.
  3. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Brad hi there!! thanks for sharing! so glad you're 12 days off of them...and i agree that you will be feeling much better in just a short time. it does suck to go through the withdrawal, but necessary to reach freedom from that addiction. do whatever you need to do for support during this time.... and i'm so glad to hear your gf is on board and so supportive!! yay!!

if someone reading this has been on suboxone or another replacement opioid, it is worth having a conversation with the dr. about weaning off. i know people want/need different things regarding this, but it's good to have the conversation to see options and such.

happy you are here brad!
    Brad, True concern and deanokat like this.
  4. Brad

Brad Active Contributor

Thanks Dominica happy to share
  5. Brad

Brad Active Contributor

Thanks deanokat happy to share and cant wait till this **** and withdrawals are completely gone
  6. deanokat

I hope it's completely gone sooner rather than later, @Brad. In the meantime, feel free to reach out anytime you'd like.
    True concern and Dominica like this.
  7. Dominica

Brad and True concern like this.
  8. deanokat

Hey, @Brad... Just wondering how you're doing/feeling. Happy Friday!
    Brad likes this.
  9. Brad

Brad Active Contributor

Hey guys,
    Doing pretty good. Crazy day 16 now. Energy and digestion is the only problems left. Well concentration too. About to get back in the gym and see if that helps. Im 38 and now that ive quit suboxone ive noticed i cant see good anymore, its crazy but i have to wear my gfs old glasses to see now. I guess subs masked alot of ****. Anyways happy new year guys...
    deanokat and Dominica like this.
  10. Dominica

@Brad congrats on day 16! that's wonderful! i think hitting the gym will help with energy level....and mentally, just helps ;) odd about the glasses!! but glad you have some specs to throw on !!

happy new year and glad you're here sharing with us!!!
    deanokat likes this.
  11. Brad

Brad Active Contributor

Happy New year guys. Go back to work tmm, praying ill have some energy. Havent had much lately.
    deanokat likes this.
  12. Aodafml2

Aodafml2 Senior Contributor

Me too!! Roughly 45 days without it and like the time before CANT stand the anxiety, uncomforting Hell that's. my existence..it is getting a lil better though!!
  13. Dominica

@Aodafml2 45 days clean is wonderful! congrats and good job!! i'm sure the anxiety is rough at times...but i'm glad it's getting a little better.... breathe.... deeply...slowly... ;)

good to have you back here!
    deanokat and Aodafml2 like this.
  14. deanokat

I'm super proud of both of you, @Brad and @Aodafml2! Keep doing the next right thing! And know we're always here for help, support, or just to listen. Happy New Year!!!
    Aodafml2 likes this.
  15. True concern

True concern Community Champion

@Aodafml2 congrats on the 45 day's my friend, just curious is that 45 sober or 45 without the subs?I only ask because I remember you were experimenting with meth.Either way I'm proud of you man,sometimes it takes quitting 1 at a time...I know because I have been there myself,anyways have a great day and take care of yourself
  16. True concern

True concern Community Champion

I have been there, can't see good anymore.The reason for that is your pupils were super dilated while you used and for it to affect your vision you were probably staying high 95%of the time and the other 5% I assume you were asleep...i know because I have been there myself but once you put in a good month with no substances your vision should start to correct itself.STAY STRONG AND GOD BLESS
  17. deanokat

@Brad and @Aodafml2... Just wondering how you guys are doing. Check in with us if you get a chance. We are always here for you, for help, support, or just to listen.
    Dominica likes this.
  18. Brad

Brad Active Contributor

Hey guys. Was doing really well, ive been working out. Worked out tonight and all of a sudden feel.so weird, blank, empty. Dont feel any emotions. Anyone know whats going on? It was like instant....
  19. Dominica

@Brad hey there. glad you're doing well and working out. not sure what's going on. the work outs are good for you...giving you a natural dopamine boost..maybe your brain is just still trying to level out...get back to balance...

and, sometimes we just don't know why we can go back to those types of feelings... it's happened to me. i wait it out or pull out some of my "get back to happy" tools. but glad you're here talking about this.

how are you this morning?
    Brad likes this.
  20. deanokat

Your body and brain are still adjusting, @Brad. That's my guess. Give it some time. And keep practicing self-care. You're in a period of transition, so be good to yourself. And know we're here to talk to anytime you need us.
    Brad likes this.