An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Wow, i hate Suboxone.

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Brad, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Brad

Brad Active Contributor

Appreciate you guys. Im working overtime over here. Thanks for the words of encouragement
    deanokat and Dominica like this.
  2. Brad

Brad Active Contributor

Thanks Deanokat
  3. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Anytime, @Brad! We are here for you, my friend!
    Brad and Dominica like this.
  4. True concern

True concern Moderator

I love you brother, though I don't know you well you're fight and commitment literally brought a tear to my eye,it's the commitment in you're soul that make real men
    Brad, deanokat and Dominica like this.
  5. deanokat

Just wondering how you're doing, @Brad. Happy Monday! Hope things are continuing to go well.
    Brad likes this.
  6. Brad

Brad Active Contributor

Hey all, 48 days today. My strength is coming back slowly but its coming. Legs still feel so heavy especially in the morning, but gotta get up and get moving. Been stuck in the house all week, michigan froze over. Its been bitter out. Hope everyone is doing well. Thanks concern much love really appreciate you guys listening and responding back. The words of encouragement help tremendously. Happy weekend all.
    Dominica, deanokat and True concern like this.
  7. True concern

True concern Moderator

Same to you my brother have a fantastic weekend
    deanokat likes this.
  8. deanokat

@Brad... 48 days is AWESOME! Big kudos to you, my friend! And FWIW, I'm in Michigan, too. Damn, was it cold or what?? Looking forward to this weekend's warm-up, even if it's temporary.

Have a great weekend! And keep doing what you're doing!
    Brad and True concern like this.
  9. Dominica

Dominica Recovery Advocate @ Moving Beyond Codependency Community Listener

@Brad wow! 48 days is amazing! Thanks for the update..... so happy for you. keep it up!

i hope it starts to warm up that way soon!! :)
    Brad and True concern like this.
  10. deanokat

Hey, @Brad... How was your weekend? Hope it was a good one. And hope you have a great week this week!
    Brad likes this.
  11. Brad

Brad Active Contributor

Thanks Deanokat, had a pretty good weekend cold as ususal again, it did warm up a little last weekend. Im.so ready for spring, and the sunshine. 57 days today. Everything feels heavy legs and arms but gotta keep pushin. You guys enjoy your sunday, gotta rest lol
  12. Dominica

@Brad glad you had a good weekend!! yes, we're all ready for spring!! :)
    deanokat and Brad like this.
  13. deanokat

Happy Day 58, @Brad! I hope this week is a good one for you! Keep pushin' on!!! :D
    Brad likes this.
  14. Brad

Brad Active Contributor

Hey all, well todays day 72. This damn
    PaWS suck. I resorted to using kratom to help. I drink a couple teas a day and it helps. Eating like crazy but not gaining much weight. Cant wait till this winter in over. Think once i get back to work ill feel much better since I work outside. Have anyone of you heard of the 90 day hangover? Just curious. Take care all
  15. Dominica

@Brad congrats on 72 days! that's remarkable!!

sorry about the PAWS. i am glad you can feel better taking kratom. i know some have mentioned that they became addicted to that... so be careful, k?

winter... yes, it can be long and i hope you get an early spring!!!

i've never heard of the 90 day hangover. very interesting.

thanks for coming and sharing... keep it up. you're doing this!
    Brad likes this.
  16. deanokat

Seventy-two days is terrific, @Brad. Good for you! Like @Dominica said, be careful with the kratom. It can be habit forming, and you don't want to go down that road again. Hope you start to leave the PAWS behind soon. Your life will be better going forward, I know that! :)
    Brad and Dominica like this.
  17. Brad

Brad Active Contributor

Yeah i read alot about the Kratom, i dont really like it so.gritty but does help, remarkable thing happened today, i havent sweat in 74 days, well went to the gym and came home, starting sweating hour later. Also that stupid dry mouth ive had for over a month is apparently gone. Saliva is working now...amazing. Feel so much better today....have a great weekend guys and thanks for listening
  18. deanokat

Glad you're feeling better, @Brad. It's crazy how much better having some saliva flowing can make you feel, isn't it? Happy Little Friday (aka Thursday)! :)
    Brad likes this.
  19. cheffy

cheffy Community Champion

Hi Brad, Interesting about the eyes. After getting off of Oxi (320mg/day) my vision seemed to be worse too, and I had some of those eye spasms/strokes, maybe one a day for a couple of months - so maybe it's just the eyes having to adjust themselves, maybe there are dilation problems. The worst thing though is my hearing. When I was using, I developed heavy duty tinnitus and I think it's here to stay - I've been off the Oxi for a few years so I think if it was going to go away it would have by now. A few people said tinnitus happens as you age, but I am 99.9% sure it was the drugs. SO, if the vision turns out to be the only physical type problem you have, how does it go? - Don't Worry, Be Happy! :D
    Brad and deanokat like this.
  20. 49stars

49stars Member

First of all, Brad, you are a rock star. Keep doing it!
    I came uping this site looking to do a little research totally unrelated to suboxone but I couldn't resist when I found this post.

I am not sure if it is okay to suggest things so I apologize. I am **** at reading rules.

I went through getting off of suboxone a couple of years ago. I think I was lucky in so far that I was pretty clear of feeling like **** after a month. But, I would have moments where my nervous system would just wack out and I would feel wonky, especially if I stayed up too late. For me it usually manifestes in extreme and very uncomfortable restlessness.

I am pretty passionate about helping people that are ready find their way back off of suboxone because there isn't a lot of info out there and it is a bitch to get off of for all of the reasons Brad is experiencing. It is a looooong detox and brain reset.

It is important to remember that your brain is creating a new homeostasis. your nervous system is healing.

I would caution you in using kratom. It might help, but it is acting on the mu opiate receptors and is addicting in and of itself. Passionflower extract (tincture) acts as natures benzodiazepine and can really help chill things out in a non-habit forming way...

Keep it up!
    Brad and deanokat like this.