An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Wow.

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Tyranasaurus, May 5, 2018.

1. Tyranasaurus

Tyranasaurus Member

I didn’t know I had a problem until I had no money left. Thankfully, I have a family behind me, but I can’t imagine you guys on your own. I never thought this was an issue but I’ve turned to this forum. I’m not stealing, lying, or cheating to get my next fix. I’ll never be at that point, but I do feel like I have an issue controlling myself in situations where I’m hanging out with friends and after a couple of drinks I’m out trying to find cocaine.
  2. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Tyranasaurus hello and welcome. good that you are observing yourself and want to get control of this before it gets out of control!

we are here to listen and encourage as best as we can. take some time to read around the forum and if you have any questions, let us know!
    True concern likes this.
  3. True concern

True concern Community Champion

@Tyranasaurus Welcome to the forum and I'm glad you are reaching out.I share my story here with so many people some it probably irritates and I'm ok with that because though my story is one that is very extreme it if nothing else highlights how bad thing's can get and how fast it can happen.If you care to read my story you can find it under (20+ year's of addiction to basically every substance you can name)now im happy to hear you have support from your family that's always a great thing,but remember they themselves are not addicts so their goal is to help you but be aware as people offering help like your family will be expecting effort on your behalf and indeed you are making effort by posting here today,and i thank you for that as i truly try my best as does the entire community here to help as best we can,but non addicts generally speaking don't understand the addiction in the way that continued use of (Cocaine) in this istance will start to strain relationships and i know no one wants that to happen,i will tell you from experience i to said i would never steal for my addiction but like you money ran out and a few year's later i was charged with 7 counts of Grand theft auto from a drug binged weekend gone terribly wrong.So please be aware of that our addiction's do a few thing's to us very well that we are not always aware of and addiction is very good at deceiving us.Stay Strong and share with your family as you have openly and honestly and always remember they are there to help you recover not to supply a place to continue your drug abuse and re raise you.You can do this if you truly want it bad enough,but you have to want a better life more than the addiction wants to eliminate one.Take Care and God Bless you
    Dominica likes this.
  4. Tyranasaurus

Tyranasaurus Member

I can not begin to explain how happy I am that someone responded to this as personal as you have. Honestly, thank you for your words and story. I don’t have the stuff to approach anyone in my family other than my brother about this. I feel like a need to build a new habit to my thoughts. Definitely not hanging out with people who I can easily get “it”from, or places. Again, thank you. Seriously.
    Dominica and True concern like this.
  5. True concern

True concern Community Champion

It means the world that you had the courage to reach out the least i could do is put 100% into reaching the same distance back.Stay Strong and keep us posted day or night i really only sleep 2-4 hour's a day now so it's definitely my pleasure.God bless you
    Dominica likes this.