An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

You have made it out alive!

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by tasha, Feb 4, 2016.

1. tasha

tasha Community Listener Community Listener

yes it has been a long road and there is a longer road to travel but this time you can do it sober and feel what it id like to have a happy ending. Everyone has the right to a happy life but it is up to you to make it that way.
    You are lucky to have been given another chance and this time you must make sure that you change the direction and get what it is that you want out of life.
    Life although hard, is magical with all the adventures and stories to tell but the main point is appreciate life and make your one the way that you would like it to be.
    Once you have gone into recovery, you can achieve anything because it takes a strong person to stay sober and live to tell the tale and recovery is the battle won already!
  2. oportosanto

oportosanto Community Champion

That is true, we need to be strong and we need to have our ideas clear or else we will get back to the addiction once we get clean. It's required a life style change, not just a detox program.
  3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

Great post, @tasha! That's absolutely right. :) Every struggling addict who has considered recovery, and tried their best to change their ways for the better is a brave and strong person. They are real survivors, and true champions.
  4. L_B

L_B Community Champion

@tasha I always enjoy reading your messages. They are so inspiring. You speak from your heart and it is wonderful. A lot of your messages, even though they are speaking to those in recovery, they also applies to other things that people are going through in life. I know many of your posts have touched me deeply.
  5. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

I definitely think I'm a much stronger person now having gone through what I did. It's amazing how beating addiction really does make you appreciate little things in life - just waking up healthy every day is a big blessing!
  6. Vinaya

Vinaya Community Champion

I once had a friend who tried to give up his prescription drug addiction. After trying for two years, one day he died because of drug overdose.
  7. serenity

serenity Community Champion

I agree, people who are going through recovery are winners already because they have made it that far and they have managed to eschew drugs from their system. They have made the right choice so they are entitled to a better life.
  8. tasha

tasha Community Listener Community Listener

Thank you I am glad to hear that and it is nice to know that it makes a difference. I think that we all have it in ourselves to have a good life but the road we take is our decision