An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

You Held My Hand

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by crc3thebest, May 4, 2015.

1. crc3thebest

crc3thebest Community Champion

You would always shake my hand and smile. I was going through so much at that time and you really inspired me to be better and continue on in life. Though the addiction steered my life in another direction, your love really healed my soul. You would always take time out of your day to welcome me with open arms and no judgement whatsoever. I would spiritually like to thank you for all that you have done in my life. I just wish you were still here to inspire all. Back then, I did not know how to thank you for all that you have done for me personally, due to the trials I was facing at the time. Now, I know to hold on to the good people I meet in life because there are so few.
    MrsJones and IrishHeather like this.
  2. gracer

gracer Community Champion

I can guess that your source of inspiration has passed away and I'm sorry for that. At least he/she found a way to serve as your helping hand and inspiration before life took him/her away from you. Where ever he/she is right now, know that he/she is truly happy for you. I'm sure there will be more people to inspire and guide you along your path. All of them will leave a wonderful mark in your heart which you will take with you for the rest of your life.
  3. serenity

serenity Community Champion

That's the better way of remembering your loved one, just remember the good times that you have shared with them. Just think of them as still existing after they have left their bodies. They are just around us anyway and they visit us from time to time, so they still are with you even if you can't see them.
  4. amethyst

amethyst Community Champion

I believe that wherever this wonderful spirit has gone to, s/he can hear you and knows what is going on inside your heart and mind. You are very fortunate to have encountered such a kind and benevolent soul, and I know that her/his spirit lives on through you, through the love and wisdom that you received from her/him.
  5. IrishHeather

IrishHeather Active Contributor

@crc3thebest Your words and the way you write are filled with an emotion that transcends the most eloquent of writers. You truly have a gift. Although your going to owe me a box of tissues, because every time I read one of your posts it make me emotional.

Sometimes people ask what the meaning of life is: I think your experience with this person is one of the reasons. Even though they are gone this person has made an impact on your life, and I believe has given you an inner strength that will be a guide on your journey. Thank you for sharing with us.
  6. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

Your words made me missed someone a lot more than ever. :)
    So nice to have a person who will really love us and care for us. That someone who will accept us and will guide us so that we will not be in a wrong path and make sure we can face the world with lots of positivity.
  7. AFKATafcar

AFKATafcar Community Champion

Thank you for sharing these beautiful words, and it seems that whoever this person was they made a lasting impact on your life. Sometimes, we either let the best people in our lives go or they move on (in one way or another), and then only later on do we realize how important that person and their kindness actually was at the time. It's an impact that can stick with us for a lifetime.
  8. MrsJones

MrsJones Community Listener Community Listener

crc3thebest, I am truly moved by your words. I pray that you were able to share these thoughts with the one you miss so dearly. Even so your words have been lifted up by the angels of heaven.
  9. katherine25

katherine25 Senior Contributor

This was very beautiful, it brought me to tears. I'm sorry you lost this person who had such a big influence in your life but I honestly believe that they have heard your words and will look over you and guide you.
  10. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

Such a wonderful message of being thankful. I wish to hear those words from a loved one as well. It would inspire me a lot.
  11. trevermorgana

trevermorgana Active Contributor

How inspiring. Whoever that person was must have granted you with a lot of love and it is wonderful you have chosen to pass this along. Thank you.
  12. imperivm1

imperivm1 Community Champion

That is touching. These words may be triggered by something unfortunate but, gosh, are they beautiful. If someone whispered this to my ear I would melt inside. You're blessed to have a glib tongue.
  13. L_B

L_B Community Champion

These words are so beautifully written. When words come from the heart they are so powerful. This person who has past knows how grateful you are. They may not be here physically but they walk beside you every day. They guide you and they help you. Thank you for sharing this with us.