An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

You Stayed!!!

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by crc3thebest, Sep 10, 2015.

1. crc3thebest

crc3thebest Community Champion

When I had nothing
    You were there
    When all was lost
    You were there

When I was using
    You held me tight
    When it was dark
    You brought your light

When other did not believe
    You confided in me
    When the addiction took my sight
    You helped me see

When my family would leave
    You always stayed
    From then on
    We would be together forever and always
    Jasmine2015 and MrsJones like this.
  2. L_B

L_B Community Champion

Another beautiful, deep and meaningful piece of artist.
    You have an amazing gift when it comes to expressing
    yourself through poetry. Well done!
  3. We have to appreciate those that stay when things get bad, I'm glad that you have someone holding your hand and helping you get through those days.
  4. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

It always means so much when someone is prepared to ride out everything in life with you - the good, the bad, the very bad, and the somewhere in between everyday life monotony. It sounds like the person you wrote this about is like a rock for you - unwavering in their support. I'm very happy that you have a person like this that you can trust and rely on.
  5. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Community Champion

What an inspiring article that shows between two people who are staying and are still there for each other whether in good or bad times in their life. This is what we are calling unconditional love..A very inspiring thoughts of wisdom.. Thanks for sharing :)
  6. MrsJones

MrsJones Community Listener Community Listener

crc3thebest, please continue to share your inspirations through your writings with us here. This particular poem is spiritually uplifting to me and one that I would like to have around all the time. I hope you don't mind if I copy it for framing in my home, of course with you as the author.

Are you planning on doing anything with your writings? They would make excellent inspiration cards.
    Winterybella likes this.
  7. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

Crc3thebest. You continue to provide us with encouraging words and poetry. Well done. There will always be someone who stays with us through the darkness into the light. Continue to shine and "stay" with us.
  8. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015 Community Champion

This is a beautiful poem. Who says that art can't be moving? I wish to see more poems like this.