An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Young man

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Toony*88, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Toony*88

Toony*88 Member

I have battled with drug addiction for over 20 years and I never accepted it was out of control (I was) but until I turned 40 years old and slowed down on using that I truly seen the whys, how's, it's. the reason for me using (feelings) simple as that.... I never dealt with the basic feelings and emotions when growing up, plus the facade of drugs being cool did encourage me to take them but I'm a young man physically and emotionally (not mentality grown) drugs stunted my development in all manors .. Anyone got a comment, reply. Similar story, life?? Stay Clean people
  2. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Toony*88 hello and welcome. thanks for sharing. glad you are looking at your addictive behavior. lots of people numb out or stuff emotions with alcohol or drugs... but sooner or later those stuffed or unhealed emotions surface to give us the opportunity to work through them. ever thought of counseling? helps a lot of people to process life with a trained professional. there's even online counselors (better help)

some work the 12 steps to and that can help with repressed emotions... i remember not knowing how to feel or not allowing myself to feel or not having a clue how to process or deal with strong emotions. thus, i tanked. had an emotional breakdown after divorce... and it took me going to 12 step meetings and counseling to get through it... but now, years later, all good. :)

here if you need