An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Your Family Loves You

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by Rosyrain, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Community Champion

Whenever I am in rough spot, feeling sorry for myself, or just feeling like the world does not care, I always remember that my mom and dad are there for me and love me no matter what. This helps out a lot because then I start to think about wanting to make them proud, and it helps me make the right decision when it comes to what I am doing with my life. Who is included in your family support system?
  2. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

As a parent it's so great to read this. I hope many feel the way you do because we really do love our kids no matter what. My dad has passed on and my mom is well along in years but even as a grown woman with a family of my own I still rely heavily on my mom for love and support and she never fails me.

Besides my mom and immediate family, I like to think I have a pretty good support system.
  3. serenity

serenity Community Champion

Unfortunately, I don't have a good family support system, so when I'm feeling down, I don't really go to them for support, so I just keep it to myself and I talk to myself, lol like I give myself little pep talks. I just pray and rant to God too.
  4. TommyVercetti

TommyVercetti Community Champion

Family support is an absolutely wonderful thing. It's the affirmation of love from them that makes us want to take care of ourselves more, to do more, and to work hard. I always keep my family in mind when things get too tough. I remember that I'm doing this for my wife and kids' future and that they're depending on me.