An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Your Human Rights: Freedom!

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by EditorsRHumansToo!, Nov 1, 2015.

1. EditorsRHumansToo!

EditorsRHumansToo! Community Champion

Freedom from what? Freedom from the wrongness of any form of controlling system that has ingrained in to our society and into the human mind. Freedom from control of these systems. And learn from our mistakes in order to avoid the wrongs from happening again. I once shared with many young people the pride in bravery as a free-thinker fighting for our freedom. And I will keep doing it again and inspire many others.

In my opinion, NOW (with urgency) is always the right time to decide for your every right to life-- to freedom. A life from those who do not care about your life and do the disgusting wrongs of pushing drugs to people. There is the right way to freedom from the path of drug and alcohol abuse. Your rights to say "No" to drug-pushers and "No" to drugs must come from your own decision.

With all the wrongness of drug and alcohol use and abuse, we have the unique ability to learn from our bad experiences and decide to get our rights of freedom from wrongs ever happening again. And no turning back. :)
  2. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

Ahh, this sentence hit home for me:

A life from those who do not care about your life and do the disgusting wrongs of pushing drugs to people.

This was a big part of my problem - feeling confident and worthy enough to step away from the so called friends in my life that didn't care about me. That encouraged my use of alcohol, that made it worse, that made me feel like sobriety was for losers. Getting my freedom from those shackles that people had over me was empowering when I finally took the step and realized I was worth it.
    EditorsRHumansToo! likes this.
  3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for sharing this food for thought. :) It somehow made me feel motivated to continue walking the path of sobriety. Let's always fight for our freedom from all the wrongness of the world. The choice/decision always depends on us.
  4. Rainman

Rainman Community Champion

Fighting for rights has sort of become a part of our culture. They'll fight for anything but many fail to realize that one of the first things they should fight for is freedom from drugs and other addictions that sap away their productivity. And they'll have all the time they need to do all they've wanted and and if they want to help others too.
  5. Damien Lee

Damien Lee Community Champion

Freedom is one of the most important things in existence. Being addicted to substances can entrap us just as badly as the worst totalitarian governments. We must always be vigilant and value the freedom we already have. But there are times when we have no choice but to fight for it.
  6. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Community Champion

Well said. All humans are entitled to be free thinking people and be free from those who wrong them or do not believe in them. This is a right we should all have. We should all be able to be happy as well and free from things that harm us.
  7. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson Community Champion

A wonderful thing to share. One of the biggest problems I had with alcohol was the way in which it inhibited my behavior and choices. The ability to walk away from it and always be able to guarantee being sober was a liberating and enlightening experience when I finally managed to kick the habit. I had a similar feeling about nicoteen before I finally managed to stop smoking a few years later. Its great not to need anything, and to know you won't need it for the future either.
  8. serenity

serenity Community Champion

I agree. Freedom is such a broad and exact term but can be applied to any part of our life. When an addict gets to recover from his addiction, he is free. People are free to do and say whatever they want, as long as it's not against the law.
  9. doatk22

doatk22 Community Champion

We really do have the power to just say no and take over control of our lives. We have to get a mindset that we can do it and excel. There's a lot of negativity in the world and few people that will truly support you. Sometimes you have to take the reigns and go with it.