An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Your Inspirational Message for Today

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by deanokat, Oct 5, 2015.

1. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

I love that quote too, Zyni - it always makes me try and remember that you just don't know what's going on in a person's life behind closed doors all the time. Even people with a seemingly perfect life often have struggles - we are human after all!
    deanokat and Zyni like this.
  2. serenity

serenity Community Champion

@Zyni, I just saw that same saying in a Facebook post, I will also post it here when I find it. It's true isn't it? You'll never know what problems they are facing, right? So we should always be kind to one another and not treat other people rudely or harshly.
    Zyni and kassie1234 like this.
  3. kassie1234

"Sometimes you don't realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness".

-Unknown
    deanokat and Zyni like this.
  4. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

Nice reading the good quotes in here. :)
    I find this one really inspiring:
    [​IMG]
    deanokat, kassie1234 and Zyni like this.
  5. amin021023

amin021023 Community Champion

Think positive, anything else won't turn out better.

that's from me. I can't think of a better inspirational message.
    Zyni and deanokat like this.
  6. serenity

serenity Community Champion

"Talking about our problems is the greatest addiction. Break the habit. Talk about our joys."
    Zyni and deanokat like this.
  7. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

“Your best days are ahead of you. The movie starts when the guy gets sober and puts his life back together; it doesn't end there.” --Bucky Sinister
    kassie1234 and Zyni like this.
  8. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

I was feeling a little down and I came here to be inspired and I am. Thank you all for those wonderful quotes. I have nothing to add right now, but I will be back.
  9. 6up

6up Community Champion

Never give up even when you feel that you can never rise again! I find this song to be really motivational - Believe by Dead Prez
  10. 6up

6up Community Champion

Never give up even when you feel that you can never rise again! I find this song to be really motivational - Believe by Dead Prez
  11. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

So I am back her this morning and this is one of the quotes I want to make live in my own case. I am trying desperately to ward off that miserable feeling. If it's true being strong requires the same amount of work, I am going to choose strength. I am going to add this.

[​IMG]
    zaerine and kassie1234 like this.
  12. Rainman

Rainman Community Champion

“Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” – Carl Bard

“Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use.” – Earl Nightingale
  13. deanokat

"The future belongs to the curious. The ones who are not afraid to try it, explore it, poke at it, question it, turn it inside out." --Skillshare
  14. deanokat

“Positivity is complex and draining yet fruitful. Negativity is simple and lazy yet worthless.”
  15. kassie1234

"When everything seems like an uphill battle, just think of the view from the top."
    Rainman and deanokat like this.
  16. deanokat

Love this. :)
  17. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

I enjoy reading the quotes here. :)
    Just have this thought now: Let go of the things and people who does not make you feel valued and real happy.
  18. Rainman

Rainman Community Champion

If you’re trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I’ve had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it. — Michael Jordan

“The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are.”
    unknown
    kassie1234 likes this.
  19. kassie1234

Oh, your Michael Jordan quote made me think of two other quotes I love from him - and I think they can both be applied to battling addiction! He has a great way of wording things.

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."

"I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying."
    Rainman likes this.
  20. deanokat