An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Your Inspirational Message for Today

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by deanokat, Oct 5, 2015.

1. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Community Champion

Don't be afraid of your fears. They're not there to scare you. They're there to let you know that something is worth it.”
    C. JoyBell C
  2. ReadmeByAmy

“Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marin
  3. ReadmeByAmy

“In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.” – Bill Cosby
  4. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

Asking for help has always been my weakness, not only when I was dealing with addiction but in so many areas of life. I hate feeling like I don't understand or that something doesn't come easy to me. Probably should print this one out and stick it on my fridge!
    deanokat likes this.
  5. doatk22

doatk22 Community Champion

I hope these all keep going because people need to see it. Even a few simple words can change the outlook of a person's day.
  6. Rainman

Rainman Community Champion

Another good one:

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward.
    When life is dragging you back with difficulties,
    it means it's going to launch you into something great.
    So just focus and keep aiming.
  7. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

8. kassie1234

9. jeremy2

jeremy2 Community Champion

Many a time we want something in our lives but we are not prepared to work for it. We are not prepared to sacrifice our time, energy or resources to make our dreams a reality. And therein lies our problem. Nothing good ever came out easily. We need to toil and sweat for whatever we want. Nothing comes in a silver platter.
  10. Rainman

"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning." --Robert Kiyosaki

“The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are.”

"“Most obstacles melt away when we make up our minds to walk boldly through them.”
  11. kassie1234

If you want to change how you feel, change what you do.

-Unknown
  12. deanokat

"And once the storm is over, you won't remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won't even be sure whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won't be the same person who walked in. That's what this storm is all about." --Haruki Murakami
  13. dkelly

dkelly Active Contributor

One of my all time favorites is:
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do." -Eleanor Roosevelt
    I found this quote some years ago and it resonated with me. It encourages me to expand my horizons and sometimes get out of my comfort zone.
    deanokat likes this.
  14. kassie1234

Such a good one in relation to overcoming addiction, because I'm sure a lot of us felt like it was almost impossible to overcome at times! But it can absolutely be done.
    deanokat likes this.
  15. Rainman

"The world belongs to those who don’t let anxiety about screwing up keep them from moving forward."

"Failure’s pain subsides faster than the ache of regret." —
    Try hard. Even if you fail you could try again and again until you get what you want.
    deanokat likes this.
  16. dkelly

dkelly Active Contributor

These. I really like these. I my self struggle with anxiety. LOL. I worry about everything. It makes me timid about making certain decisions. Presently I am working on making bolder decisions. I fear failure but I abhor regrets.
    Rainman and deanokat like this.
  17. Adrianna

Adrianna Community Champion

I like Rainman's quotes. "A Man is free the instant he wants to be." This is on so many different levels that this is true.
    Its funny I heard someone say to me once, "if you don't know what to do, do nothing.' I use to have that one floating around in my head for the longest time. Basically if you adapt to that guess what happens? Nothing. I think they call this confusion actually if you don't know what to do. Fear maybe too. It is actually a very low state of consciousness to not know what to do or be confused. I believe many people are in this state but just stay stuck in it.
    Rainman and deanokat like this.
  18. deanokat

"Gratitude and service are the two best paths to joy. I mean, I'm not stupid--if you want loving feelings, do loving things. Period." --Anne Lamott
    Rainman likes this.
  19. kassie1234

We stumble upon our strength by making it through the struggle.
    -Unknown
    deanokat likes this.
  20. pstrong1969

pstrong1969 Community Champion

Quit focusing on the problem. Focus on the Solution!
    deanokat likes this.