An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Your Inspirational Message for Today

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by deanokat, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Rainman

Rainman Community Champion

Fighting cravings and feel like giving up?

“The moment when you want to quit is the moment when you need to keep pushing.”
    - unknown.

A habit is only a habit until you can observe it. And then it's a choice.
    -unknown

No excuses once you notice you have a problem. Deal with it.

Sometimes there is no next time, no timeouts, and no second chances. Sometimes it’s now or never.
    -unknown
  2. artyarson

artyarson Active Contributor

If it is to be, it's up to ME
  3. Rainman

More:

“Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal. Live this day as if it were your last. The past is over and gone. The future is not guaranteed.” ~ Wayne Dyer

There is no chance, no fate, no destiny that can circumvent, or hinder, or control a firm resolve of a determined soul.
  4. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

“If we stay where we are, where we're stuck, where we're comfortable and safe, we die there. We become like mushrooms, living in the dark, with poop up to our chins. If you want to know only what you already know, you're dying. You're saying: Leave me alone; I don't mind this little rathole. It's warm and dry. Really, it's fine.

"When nothing new can get in, that's death. When oxygen can't find a way in, you die. But new is scary, and new can be disappointing, and confusing--we had this all figured out, and now we don't.

"New is life.”

--Anne Lamott
    kassie1234 likes this.
  5. BrandonA

BrandonA Active Contributor

Your breakthrough can come after decades of nothin'.

You can be fighting something for twenty years without progress, and then suddenly one day, you hear a saying or have an experience or simply wake up one day and the struggle is gone, with you victorious. I've seen it in my own life and others' life. Addiction is not the last word!
  6. Dwayneu

Dwayneu Community Champion

As long as there is one upright man, as long as there is one compassionate woman, the contagion may spread and the scene is not desolate. Hope is the one thing left to us in a bad time.

E.B. White
  7. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

Really like this one, not only from a recovery from addiction standpoint but just as a good message for life in general. If we aren't learning and growing as people then life gets kinda dull, boring and lonely!
    deanokat likes this.
  8. Rainman

Do not allow anything to be an obstacle, see everything as a stepping stone to victory.
    unknown.

There are always ten better things to do than to give up.
    unknown

Today everything is possible... Yesterday is gone.
    unknown.

All the best!