An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Your Worst Day... Could be someones greatest!

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by Jimmy Loc, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Jimmy Loc

Jimmy Loc Member

Nobody is saying you have it easy, however do take your mind away from all problems and ponder those who are having it worse or have had it worse. It should give you the strength that you need to carry on your struggle. Suffering is a misfortune in general, yet if we can learn to embrace our difficulties and the pain it's the way to becoming more loving realized humans. It is an effort worth striving for, just be thankful and make the best out of what you do have. What is detrimental let it empower you in whatever way to overcome the hardship, a benign endeavor.
  2. bluedressed

bluedressed Community Champion

I'd go further and say that people always ask moody people to think of other people's troubles and misery, many times misery that far exceed ours. But I feel like not just thinking about their misery, but actually helping them with it-- doing any good deed, in any way, for someone who seems to have a worse day than us -- it makes us feel better. Not only because being generous and helpful is a good feeling (and it's a great feeling), but once we see the positive impact we have on others, we can realize how we can also do it for ourselves!
  3. Rainman

Rainman Community Champion

Like I mentioned in another thread, even when we think we've hit the rock bottom, there's much we need to be thankful for. There are people out there who have it much worse. Think of all the people who must flee their homes because war has erupted in their neighborhood. Think of people who must live in fear in the Middle East wondering whether they'll make it through the night without being blown to bits by terrorists.

People need to write a list of things they are thankful for and anytime they feel depressed, take a look at their list and most likely they'll feel better and wouldn't need to look for alternative ways to cope with their situation no matter how bad it is.
  4. 003

003 Community Champion

Yes, we all have to stay positive and see the good things and the hopes that we are enclosed in the situations where we are. It's all that matter and the only thing that could lead us forward.